We are pleased announce that the library is open!
Curbside pickup service is also still being offered.
Please see our COVID-19 page for more information about available services.
Temporary Hours of Service:
Monday—Thursday 10:00 am—6:30 pm
Friday 9:00 am—5:00 pm
Saturday—Sunday 12:00 pm—4:00 pm
The First "A" in NASA: A Virtual Program Presented by Dr. Mark Guillette
Thursday, June 17, 2021, 6:30 pm
Log on to participate in an interview and discussion with April Lanotte, Lead for NASA's Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate. To participate, go to www.youtube.com/mjguillette five minutes before the start time and look for the live event. Interactive chat and Q & A will be available throughout the presentation.
We are pleased to announce that we can temporarily offer remote access to ALLDATA, a comprehensive automotive repair database! You can now sign into this wonderful resource from your home. Please click here for more information, including the website and login credentials.
AARP Income Tax Preparation Assistance
We regret that AARP has cancelled all in-person tax preparation at all Milwaukee County locations for the 2021 tax season. The decision was made for the safety of taxpayers and volunteers. The Cudahy Family Library has received the 2020 paper tax forms. Alternatives for income tax preparation assistance are listed below.
Drop Off / Pick Up Options for Free Tax Preparation
- AARP Tax Aide will offer a VERY limited number of appointments in Milwaukee County, beginning Feb. 22nd. Book an appointment online only at www.freetaxhelp.as.me, beginning Feb. 6th at 9 am. No appointments will be taken by phone. The taxpayer will drop off their materials with the tax counselors and return a week later to pick up their completed return. NO walk-ins.
- IRS VITA free tax preparation at SDC sites in Milwaukee County. Taxpayers must have less than $58,000 of income to qualify. Information: www.cr-sdc.org/vita-free-tax-prep, or 414-906-2302. Starting February 1, visit a site to pick up a packet. Fill out the information and include required documents (a checklist is included in the packet), then return the packet. You will need to show an ID and a Social Security Card when returning the packet. Preparers will contact you with questions. Pick up documents when done.
Virtual Options for Free Tax Preparation
- AARP Tax-Aide Self-Preparation
Taxpayers use Google Meet (a virtual conferencing tool) to prepare their own taxes, assisted by AARP volunteers who will guide them in the use of the free tax software, the preparation of their return, & the e-file process. To choose this option a taxpayer must have a personal computer, email, and internet access. Please note that the Cudahy Family Library does not have the technology for this option, as our computers are do not have cameras or microphones. Sign up at www.aarpfoundation.org/taxaide
- IRS Free File Program
Prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free using tax-preparation-and-filing software.
- WI Dept. of Revenue’s WI eFile
Use WI eFile to electronically file a Wisconsin income tax return. Wisconsin e-file is free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Now available: Chromebooks!
Borrow a Chromebook from the library for a week with your library card! Stop by the library's Circulation Desk for more information and to check one out.
- Must be 18 to borrow a Chromebook
- You must have access to a WiFi internet connection to use a Chromebook
We are pleased to introduce the Cudahy Art Coalition and their new coloring book: Coloring Cudahy! Support our local art community by getting a copy for only $10, available at the Cudahy Family Library Circulation Desk. Proceeds will support the Cudahy Art Coalition and their mission. Fun for all ages!
Cudahy Art Coalition is sponsoring their first annual Spring Celebration Show. This juried exhibition will feature Light, Whimsical, Fun and Funky works of art in all dimensions and media and will be held at The Tavern Club in Chicago, owned by Cudahy native Erin Houlehen. Entries are due by March 22, 2021, and the show will be open from May 2 - May 27, 2021. Please click here for more information and for the entry form.
Now available: remote printing! See our Digital Services page for more information.
Fine Free @ Cudahy Family Library
In order to improve access to our library and encourage lifelong learning for children and young adults, Cudahy Family Library will no longer be assessing overdue fines on Cudahy Family Library Children's and Young Adult materials beginning February 14, 2020.
Cudahy Family Library announces a partnership with Driving-Tests.org, a company dedicated to driver safety and education, to offer free Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) practice tests to library patrons. The new service includes free tests specifically based on the state’s DMV materials. It is the only site of its kind to include accessibility tools that let users hear selections read aloud, make them into MP3s, translate pages into other languages, magnify text, and mask portions of the screen for greater visibility on the practice tests. Click here to get started: https://cudahyfamilylibrary.driving-tests.org