We are pleased to offer a partial reopening - welcome back!
All visitors to the library must wear a face covering and observe 6 feet of social distancing at all times.
- Browse / check out library materials + register for library cards
- Public computer access (1 hour sessions)
- Fax service
- Reference assistance
- Curbside service will continue to be offered
- FOCL store
- Individual study rooms (one person per room)
- Meeting rooms (limited to groups of 50 or fewer; masks are required)
- Materials return: please note that all returned items will be quarantined for 1-2 days before being checked in to protect our staff, so they will show on your account for up to a week after you return them. All items will be backdated, so you will not accrue fines during the quarantine period.
- Remote printing: please visit http://www.cudahyfamilylibrary.org/digital_downloads/index.php for more information.
Services NOT AVAILABLE with partial reopening:
- Group study room
- Children’s in-person indoor programming + toy area
We regret any inconvenience
We plan to gradually reopen in phases, based on recommendations for all public libraries from the Wisconsin Department of Instruction. Please check our website for current services available.
Temporary Hours of Service:
Monday-Thursday 10:00 am—6:30 pm
Friday 9:00 am—5:00 pm
Saturday—Sunday 12:00 pm—4:00 pm
CURBSIDE PICKUP SERVICE
We are pleased to now be able to offer curbside pickup service, starting April 24, 2020.
- Call 414-769-2244, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send in your request. Be sure to include your name, library card number, and contact information with your request.
- We will retrieve requested materials from our shelves and call you to set up a contactless pickup appointment at our west side delivery entrance (next to the book drops).
- Call us from your vehicle when you arrive at your appointed time (or use the intercom if you do not have a phone). We will place your materials on the table outside the door. Please stay back at least six feet, then retrieve them once the door has closed.
- If another pickup is occurring when you arrive for your appointment, please wait in the parking lot until the area is clear.
- You may check CountyCat to see what materials are currently available or make a general request for materials and let our librarians find items for you. We cannot request materials be transferred from other libraries at this time.
- Please check our website for service changes or updates, as this is an evolving situation.
- Our outside book drops are open. You may return materials from any library. Please note that all returned items will be quarantined for 1-2 days before being checked in to protect our staff, so they will show on your account for up to a week after you return them. All items will be backdated, so you will not accrue fines during the quarantine period.
- Thank you for continuing to support your library!
Letter to Our Patrons Concerning COVID 19
Our Library’s Administration is in constant communication with the City of Cudahy and our Health Department regarding the coronavirus. We are following their guidelines and recommendations so we can continue serving the public in the safest way possible.
The Library is addressing concerns by:
Implementing additional cleaning and sanitizing measures in the building
Providing hand gel sanitizers available for patrons and staff
Requiring staff to follow proper hygiene etiquette
Continuing to require staff to stay home if they are ill
The Library is Asking YOU for your help too! Please be aware that even with cleaning we cannot guarantee a germ free environment, and you must decide what is best for you and your family regarding visits to the Library. If you do decide to visit the Library during this health crisis, please read and follow the procedures on the postings Stop the Spread of Germs,
In addition to being a trusted source for factual information, our library also serves as a safe haven for many individuals and has been designated as a community command center for times of emergencies. We will do our best to remain open during this health crisis but will also follow the advice of our City’s administration and Health Department. If we have to close the facility we will follow our Emergencies Policy with notification being sent out to the media, posted on our website and on our telephone message.
Cudahy Family Library Board
March 14, 2020
For more information:
City of Cudahy COVID-19 Update
City of Cudahy Health Department website
Cudahy Health Department Facebook site
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website
World Health Organization website